Web portals summarize information and features for a certain target group and help to simplify and to digitize processes. It is the goal of portals to facilitate processes and to provide added value for users.
Access to a portal takes place via a Web browser on a computer or using the integrated browsers of smartphones and tablets. Web portals do not need to be installed and are easily accessible for eligible users. Thanks to our customized solutions we can develop appealing designs and very functional and user friendly Web portals that shine through simplicity.
Features of portals
A portal usually has one or more of the following features.
- The content of Web pages is different for logged-in users.
- The content of Web pages is different depending on the role of the logged in user.
- A portal combines several different applications including the CRM, product inventory, sales, etc.
- A portal allows employees to edit content or documents together through applications. This, for example via a wiki, with which the internal knowledge base is held in place.
- Portals often work with widgets, mini applications, which again can be used on different pages, for example, a stock ticker.
- A portal informs the user about changes in the process or about new events.